Program Information Report (PIR)
The Office of Head Start Program Information Report (PIR) provides comprehensive data on the services, staff, children, and families served by Head Start and Early Head Start programs nationwide. All grantees and delegates are required to submit PIR for Head Start and Early Head Start programs.
The PIR is an important source of descriptive and service data for the Head Start community, their partners, Congress, and for the general public. PIR data is compiled for use at the federal, regional, state, and local levels.
Advance Copy 2014-2015 PIR
2013-2014 PIR Collection Documents
- 2013-2014 PIR Form (updated May 6, 2014) [PDF, 611KB]
- 2013-2014 PIR Change Highlights (updated May 6, 2014) [PDF, 190KB]
- PIR Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (updated May 6, 2014)
- 2013-2014 PIR Performance Indicator Formulas (updated May 6, 2014) [PDF 223KB]
- 2013-2014 PIR XML Import Format (updated May 6, 2014) [PDF, 637KB]
- Revision Details (updated May 6, 2014) [PDF, 79KB]
Services Snapshots summarize annual PIR data. National Services Snapshots are available to download here:
- Services Snapshot – All Programs (2013-2014) [PDF, 54KB]
- Early Head Start Services Snapshot – (2013-2014) [PDF, 54KB]
- Head Start Services Snapshot – (2013-2014) [PDF, 52KB]
If you are interested in a Services Snapshot for a program near you, use the Program Service Reports search tool.
Access to PIR Data
The full PIR data set, prior year reports, and PIR forms are available to the public on request.
Contact the Head Start Enterprise System (HSES) Help Desk to request access.
HSES Help Desk
Email: help at hsesinfo dot org
Toll Free: 1-866-771-4737 Local: 703-528-0591
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. ET
Excluding federal holidays and weather-related federal office closures
Current HSES users have access to the full PIR data set in HSES via the Reports tab at https://hses.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/pir/.
Program Information Report (PIR). HHS/ACF/OHS. 2014. English.
Last Reviewed: September 2014
Last Updated: September 25, 2014