The Office of Head Start (OHS) is searching for entities in several communities that are interested in providing high quality Head Start services. In locations for which no fundable applicants have been identified, we will be conducting community outreach meetings. These meetings will provide information about the particular service area and solicit participation from entities interested in becoming a new Head Start grantee and from existing Head Start grantees. We will post related information for each community as it becomes available.
The communities below are not the only communities for which OHS will have a funding opportunity. All funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) can be found on the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) FOA page.
OHS is seeking entities to serve as Head Start grantees in service areas where the needs of eligible populations are not being met. This includes the service areas currently being operated under interim management (CDI HS).
OHS held community outreach meetings on May 18 and 20, 2015 to discuss the federal funding being made available for Puerto Rico's most vulnerable children and families. Attendees had the chance to learn about how their organization might leverage new funding to establish or expand services to children from birth to age 5 and pregnant women. They also were able to take virtual tours of the facilities currently being used to operate Head Start and Early Head Start programs in their service areas.
Explore the presentation materials from both of the meetings below. Select the link to take a virtual tour of current facilities:
- A Conversation about Quality Services for Puerto Rico's Children and Families Through Head Start (Rio Grande Presentation on May 18) [PDF, 973KB]
- A Conversation about Quality Services for Puerto Rico's Children and Families Through Head Start (Moca Presentation on May 20) [PDF, 971KB]
- CDI Head Start Serving Puerto Rico: Community Assessment [PDF, 971KB]
- Funding Opportunity Community Outreach: Applicant Resources [PDF, 24KB]
- Funding Opportunity Community Outreach: Tip Sheet for Applying to a Funding Opportunity Announcement [PDF, 71KB]
Last Reviewed: June 2015
Last Updated: June 24, 2015