Early Childhood Job Center
Program Director - Indianola/Sunflower County
Management and Administration
Save the Children Head Start
The Program Director is responsible for overall leadership and management of the Head Start and Early Head Start Programs in line with all applicable regulations and standards. The Program Director is the most senior field representative of the Agency. He/she is responsible ensures that programs are implemented and managed in accordance with short term and long term plans goals; and meet quality standards and directs, administers, and manages the day to day program operations oversees safety and security of children and staff.
• Leads in the development, execution, promotion, and reporting aspects of the program's services to families, children and the community and other partners
• Lead the management team and make timely and appropriate management decisions; developing and implementing short and long range goals, objectives, policies, procedures, budgets, and the monitoring of overall program effectiveness
• Guides, directs and authorizes the implementation of major plans, standards, and procedures, consistent with established policies approved by the Board and Policy Council.
• Develops and implements procedures and controls to promote communication and effective information flow within the organization and that enable program goals to be obtained.
• Reviews overall program operations regularly and conveys information and outcomes to the SC-HS Leadership, Board, and Policy Council.
• Ensures that all program activities are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing agency operations.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in Management, Early Childhood Development, Human Services or related fields.
• Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible supervisory/management positions including experience working with boards and advisory committees. Previous Head Start management experience preferred.
• Good communication and skills (open, honest, objective, good listener, with team management approach to clear goals and objectives).
• Proficiency Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Acceptable tuberculosis screening results, a clear criminal background check including fingerprinting and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
• Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
• Save the Children encourages qualified current and former Head Start and/or Early Head Start parents to apply.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. Join our dedicated and diverse staff committed to improving the well-being of children.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity.
To apply directly visit: www.savethechildren.org, click careers and search for positions in MS
Last Updated: April 29, 2016