Program Information Report (PIR)
The Office of Head Start Program Information Report (PIR) provides comprehensive data on the services, staff, children, and families served by Head Start and Early Head Start programs nationwide. All grantees and delegates are required to submit Program Information Reports for Head Start and Early Head Start programs.
The PIR is an important source of descriptive and service data for the Head Start community, their partners, Congress, and for the general public. The PIR data is compiled for use at the federal, regional, state, and local levels.
Advance Copy: 2013-2014 Survey Documents
An early notification of what OHS intends to collect through the PIR at the end of the 2013-2014 program year is listed below.
- Advance Copy of 2013-2014 PIR Form (updated Dec. 18, 2013) [PDF, 1.3MB]
- Advance Copy of 2013-2014 PIR Change Highlights (updated Dec. 18, 2013) [PDF, 580KB]
Reporting through HSES will open for the 2013-2014 program year in late spring/early summer 2014.
2012-2013 Survey Documents
- 2012-2013 PIR Form (updated May 15, 2013) [PDF, 403KB]
- 2012-2013 PIR Change Highlights (updated May 15, 2013) [PDF, 71KB]
- Revision Details (updated May 15, 2013) [PDF, 20KB]
- 2012-2013 PIR FAQs (updated May 15, 2013)
- 2012-2013 PIR Performance Indicator Formulas (updated May 15, 2013)
- 2012-2013 PIR XML Import Format (updated May 15, 2013) [PDF, 494KB]
Access to PIR Data
PIR data, reports and prior year’s PIR forms are available at http://hses.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/pir
The public may contact the HSES Help Desk for an account to access PIR data.
HSES Help Desk can be reached
Toll Free: 1-866-771-4737
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET
Existing HSES users can access PIR data directly in HSES (reports menu) or through the PIR reports website using their current access account.
Program Information Report. HHS/ACF/OHS. 2013. English.
Last Reviewed: May 2013
Last Updated: December 19, 2013