Program Information Report (PIR)
The Office of Head Start Program Information Report (PIR) provides comprehensive data on the services, staff, children, and families served by Head Start and Early Head Start programs nationwide. All grantees and delegates are required to submit Program Information Reports for Head Start and Early Head Start programs.
The PIR is an important source of descriptive and service data for the Head Start community, their partners, Congress, and for the general public. The PIR data is compiled for use at the federal, regional, state, and local levels.
Submitting the 2012-2013 PIR
The 2012-2013 PIR reporting cycle started May 17, 2013.
The deadline for submission of the 2012-2013 PIR is Saturday, Aug. 31, 2013.
- Programs are required to report their PIR(s) in the Head Start Enterprise System (HSES).
- Delegate programs submit their PIR(s) in HSES to their grantee agency for review and approval.
- Grantees submit final PIR data to the Office of Head Start.
Please contact the HSES Help Desk to add or remove delegate agencies.
2012-2013 Survey Documents
- 2012-2013 PIR Form (updated May 15, 2013) [PDF, 403KB]
- 2012-2013 PIR Change Highlights (updated May 15, 2013) [PDF, 71KB]
- Revision Details (updated May 15, 2013) [PDF, 20KB]
- 2012-2013 PIR FAQs (updated May 15, 2013)
- 2012-2013 PIR Performance Indicator Formulas (updated May 15, 2013)
- 2012-2013 PIR XML Import Format (updated May 15, 2013) [PDF, 494KB]
Access to PIR Data
PIR data, reports and prior year’s PIR forms are available at http://hses.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/pir
The public may contact the HSES Help Desk for an account to access PIR data.
HSES Help Desk can be reached
Toll Free: 1-866-771-4737
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET
Existing HSES users can access PIR data directly in HSES (reports menu) or through the PIR reports website using their current access account.
Program Information Report. HHS/ACF/OHS. 2013. English.
Last Reviewed: May 2013
Last Updated: August 15, 2013