Program Information Report (PIR)
The Office of Head Start Program Information Report (PIR) provides comprehensive data on the services, staff, children, and families served by Head Start and Early Head Start programs nationwide. All grantees and delegates are required to submit Program Information Reports for Head Start and Early Head Start programs.
The PIR is an important source of descriptive and service data for the Head Start community, their partners, Congress, and for the general public. The PIR data is compiled for use at the federal, regional, state, and local levels.
Services Snapshots summarizing annual Program Information Report (PIR) data are available on Program Service Reports.
Advance Copy: 2013-2014
An early notification of what OHS intends to collect through the PIR at the end of the 2013-2014 program year is listed below.
- Advance Copy of 2013-2014 PIR Form (updated Dec. 18, 2013) [PDF, 1.3MB]
- Advance Copy of 2013-2014 PIR Change Highlights (updated Dec. 18, 2013) [PDF, 580KB]
Reporting through HSES will open for the 2013-2014 program year in late spring/early summer 2014.
- 2012-2013 PIR Form (updated May 15, 2013) [PDF, 403KB]
- 2012-2013 PIR Change Highlights (updated May 15, 2013) [PDF, 71KB]
- Revision Details (updated May 15, 2013) [PDF, 20KB]
- 2012-2013 PIR FAQs (updated May 15, 2013)
- 2012-2013 PIR Performance Indicator Formulas (updated May 15, 2013) [PDF, 98KB]
- 2012-2013 PIR XML Import Format (updated May 15, 2013) [PDF, 494KB]
Access to PIR Data
The full PIR data set, prior year reports, and PIR forms are available to the public on request. Contact the HSES Help Desk Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET.
HSES Help Desk can be reached:
- Toll-Free: 1-866-771-4737
- Local: 1-703-528-0591
- Email: help at hsesinfo dot org
Current HSES users have access to the full PIR data set in HSES via the Reports tab at https://hses.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/pir/.
Program Information Report. HHS/ACF/OHS. 2014. English.
Last Reviewed: April 2014
Last Updated: April 14, 2014