§1308.13 Eligibility criteria: Visual impairment including blindness.
Subpart B—Disabilities Service Plan
Subpart C—Social Services Performance Standards
Subpart D—Health Services Performance Standards
1308.6 Assessment of
1308.7 Eligibility criteria: Health impairment.
1308.8 Eligibility criteria: Emotional/behavioral disorders.
1308.9 Eligibility criteria: Speech or language impairments.
1308.10 Eligibility criteria: Mental retardation.
1308.11 Eligibility criteria: Hearing impairment including deafness.
1308.12 Eligibility criteria: Orthopedic impairment.
1308.13 Eligibility criteria: Visual impairment including blindness.
1308.14 Eligibility criteria: Learning disabilities.
1308.15 Eligibility criteria: Autism.
1308.16 Eligibility criteria: Traumatic brain injury.
1308.17 Eligibility criteria: Other impairments.
1308.18 Disabilities/health services coordination.
Subpart E—Education Services Performance Standards
Subpart F—Nutrition Performance Standards
Subpart G—Parent Involvement Performance Standards
AUTHORITY: 42 U.S.C. 9801 et seq.
SOURCE: 58 FR 5501, Jan. 21, 1993, unless otherwise noted.
(a) A child is classified as visually impaired when visual impairment, with correction, adversely affects a child's learning. The term includes both blind and partially seeing children. A child is visually impaired if:
(1) The vision loss meets the definition of legal blindness in the State of residence; or
2) Central acuity does not exceed 20/200 in the better eye with corrective lenses, or visual acuity is greater than 20/200, but is accompanied by a limitation in the field of vision such that the widest diameter of the visual field subtends an angle no greater than 20 degrees.
(b) A child is classified as having a visual impairment if central acuity with corrective lenses is between 20/70 and 20/200 in either eye, or if visual acuity is undetermined, but there is demonstrated loss of visual function that adversely affects the learning process, including faulty muscular action, limited field of vision, cataracts, etc.
45 CFR 1301-1311. Head Start Program Performance Standards and Other Regulations. 2015. English.
This is a Historical Document.
- §1308.1 Purpose.
- §1308.2 Scope.
- §1308.3 Definitions.
- §1308.4 Purpose and scope of disabilities service plan.
- §1308.5 Recruitment and enrollment of children with disabilities.
- §1308.6 Assessment of children.
- §1308.7 Eligibility criteria: Health impairment.
- §1308.8 Eligibility criteria: Emotional/behavioral disorders.
- §1308.9 Eligibility criteria: Speech or language impairments.
- §1308.10 Eligibility criteria: Mental retardation.
- §1308.11 Eligibility criteria: Hearing impairment including deafness.
- §1308.12 Eligibility criteria: Orthopedic impairment.
- §1308.13 Eligibility criteria: Visual impairment including blindness.
- §1308.14 Eligibility criteria: Learning disabilities.
- §1308.15 Eligibility criteria: Autism.
- §1308.16 Eligibility criteria: Traumatic brain injury.
- §1308.17 Eligibility criteria: Other impairments.
- §1308.18 Disabilities/health services coordination.
- §1308.19 Developing individualized education programs (IEPs).
- §1308.20 Nutrition services.
- §1308.21 Parent participation and transition of children into Head Start and from Head Start to public school.
- Appendix to Part 1308--Head Start Program Performance Standards on Services to Children With Disabilities