1309.1 Purpose and application.
1309.2 Approval of the use of Head Start funds to continue purchase of facilities.
1309.5 Eligibility—Major Renovations.
Subpart B—Application Procedures
1309.10 Applications for the purchase, construction and major renovation of facilities.
1309.11 Cost comparison for purchase, construction and major renovation of facilities.
1309.12 Timely decisions.
Subpart C—Protection of Federal Interest
1309.21 Recording of Federal interest and other protection of Federal interest.
1309.22 Rights and responsibilities in the event of grantee’s default on mortgage, or withdrawal or termination.
1309.23 Insurance, bonding, and maintenance.
Subpart D—Modular Units
Subpart E—Other Administrative Provisions
Subpart F—Construction and Major Renovation
AUTHORITY: 42 U.S.C. 9801 et seq.
SOURCE: 64 FR 5945, Feb. 8, 1999, unless otherwise noted.
Before submitting an application under Sec. 1309.10 for construction of a facility, the grantee must establish that:
(a) The Head Start program serves an Indian Tribe; or is located in a rural or other low-income community; and
(b) There is a lack of suitable facilities (including public school facilities) in the grantee's service area which will inhibit the operation of the program, as demonstrated by a statement that neither the grantee's current facility nor any facility available for lease in the service area is suitable for use by the Head Start program. This statement must explain the factors considered, how it was determined that there is a lack of suitable facilities and be supported whenever possible by a written statement from a licensed real estate professional in the grantee's service area.
[68 FR 23219, May 1, 2003]
45 CFR 1301-1311. Head Start Program Performance Standards and Other Regulations. 2015. English.
This is a Historical Document.
- 45 CFR Part 1309 [PDF 73KB]
- §1309.1 Purpose and application.
- §1309.2 Approval of previously purchased facilities.
- §1309.3 Definitions.
- §1309.4 Eligibility--Construction.
- §1309.5 Eligibility--Major Renovations.
- §1309.10 Applications for the purchase, construction and major renovation or facilities.
- §1309.11 Cost comparison for purchase, construction and major renovation or facilities.
- §1309.12 Timely decisions.
- §1309.20 Title.
- §1309.21 Recording of Federal interest and other protection of Federal interest.
- §1309.22 Rights and responsibilities in the event of grantee's default on mortgage, or withdrawal or termination.
- §1309.23 Insurance, bonding and maintenance.
- §1309.30 General.
- §1309.31 Site description.
- §1309.32 Statement of procurement procedure for modular units.
- §1309.33 Inspection.
- §1309.34 Costs of installation of modular unit.
- §1309.40 Copies of documents.
- §1309.41 Record retention.
- §1309.42 Audit of mortgage.
- §1309.43 Use of grant funds to pay fees.
- §1309.44 Independent analysis.
- §1309.51 Submission of drawings and specifications.
- §1309.52 Procurement procedures.
- §1309.53 Inspection of work.
- §1309.54 Davis-Bacon Act.