Subpart B—Transportation Requirements
1310.11 Child Restraint Systems.
1310.12 Required use of School Buses or Allowable Alternate Vehicles.
1310.13 Maintenance of vehicles.
1310.14 Inspection of new vehicles at time of delivery.
1310.15 Operation of vehicles.
1310.16 Driver qualifications.
1310.17 Driver and bus monitor training.
Subpart C—Special Requirements
AUTHORITY: 42 U.S.C. 9801 et seq.
SOURCE: 66 FR 5311, Jan. 18, 2001, unless otherwise noted.
Under the authority of sections 640(i) and 645A(b)(9) of the Head Start Act (42 U.S.C. 9801 et seq. ), this part prescribes regulations on safety features and the safe operation of vehicles used to transport children participating in Head Start and Early Head Start programs. Under the authority of sections 644(a) and (c) and 645A(b)(9) of the Head Start Act, this part also requires Head Start, Early Head Start, and delegate agencies to provide training in pedestrian safety and to make reasonable efforts to coordinate transportation resources to control costs and to improve the quality and the availability of transportation services.
45 CFR 1301-1311. Head Start Program Performance Standards and Other Regulations. 2006. English.
This is a Historical Document.
- §1310.1 Purpose.
- §1310.2 Applicability.
- §1310.3 Definitions.
- §1310.10 General.
- §1310.11 Child Restraint Systems.
- §1310.12 Required use of school buses or allowable alternate vehicles.
- §1310.13 Maintenance of vehicles.
- §1310.14 Inspection of new vehicles at the time of delivery.
- §1310.15 Operation of vehicles.
- §1310.16 Driver qualifications.
- §1310.17 Drivers and bus monitor training.
- §1310.20 Trip routing.
- §1310.21 Safety education.
- §1310.22 Children with disabilities.
- §1310.23 Coordinated transportation.