§1310.22 Children with
Subpart B—Transportation Requirements
1310.11 Child Restraint Systems.
1310.12 Required use of School Buses or Allowable Alternate Vehicles.
1310.13 Maintenance of vehicles.
1310.14 Inspection of new vehicles at time of delivery.
1310.15 Operation of vehicles.
1310.16 Driver qualifications.
1310.17 Driver and bus monitor training.
Subpart C—Special Requirements
AUTHORITY: 42 U.S.C. 9801 et seq.
SOURCE: 66 FR 5311, Jan. 18, 2001, unless otherwise noted.
(a) Effective December 30, 2006 each agency must ensure that there are school buses or allowable alternate vehicles adapted or designed for transportation of children with disabilities available as necessary to transport such children enrolled in the program. This requirement does not apply to the transportation of children receiving home-based services unless school buses or allowable alternate vehicles are used to transport the other children served under the home-based option by the grantee. Whenever possible, children with disabilities must be transported in the same vehicles used to transport other children enrolled in the Head Start or Early Head Start program.
(b) Each Head Start, Early Head Start and delegate agency must ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. 12101 et seq.), the HHS regulations at 45 CFR part 84, implementing Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. 794), and the Head Start Program Performance Standards on Services for Children with Disabilities (45 CFR part 1308) as they apply to transportation services.
(c) Each agency must specify any special transportation requirements for a child with a disability when preparing the child's Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP), and ensure that in all cases special transportation requirements in a child's IEP or IFSP are followed, including:
(1) special pick-up and drop-off requirements;
(2) special seating requirements;
(3) special equipment needs;
(4) any special assistance that may be required; and
(5) any special training for bus drivers and monitors.
[66 FR 5311, Jan. 18, 2001, as amended at 71 FR 58536, Oct. 4, 2006]
45 CFR 1301-1311. Head Start Program Performance Standards and Other Regulations. 2015. English.
This is a Historical Document.
- §1310.1 Purpose.
- §1310.2 Applicability.
- §1310.3 Definitions.
- §1310.10 General.
- §1310.11 Child Restraint Systems.
- §1310.12 Required use of school buses or allowable alternate vehicles.
- §1310.13 Maintenance of vehicles.
- §1310.14 Inspection of new vehicles at the time of delivery.
- §1310.15 Operation of vehicles.
- §1310.16 Driver qualifications.
- §1310.17 Drivers and bus monitor training.
- §1310.20 Trip routing.
- §1310.21 Safety education.
- §1310.22 Children with disabilities.
- §1310.23 Coordinated transportation.