Your childrens ability to learn new skills will depend on their
stage of development and their individual interests.
Before you get started with an activity in Fun
and Learning for Parents and Children, you might review the Helpful
Hints below. They offer ways to help you plan and prepare for
the activity anytime and anywhere:
- Establish some rules with your children
and be consistent about enforcing them.
- Set limits and be prepared to have them
- Use eye contact and reasoning to relate
positively to your children.
- Give detailed explanations to questions
and explain the meaning of new words when asked.
- When not sure, say we will have to check
on that one together.
- Praise your children for their positive behaviors and let them
know that they are loved.
Remember, you are your childs first and most important teacher
and your home is a primary learning place! Their learning will
depend on the opportunities and support that you offer them at home
and in their surroundings.
Let's get started.