Planning is crucial to the success of children with disabilities. It also is important to the Head Start programs they attend. Explore these resources to plan for and create high quality programs for children with disabilities. Find out how to create programs that are accessible, inclusive, collaborative, well organized, and set to show positive outcomes. Administrators may also find useful information about program evaluation. There also are resources about the recruitment and enrollment of children with disabilities.
- Accommodating All Children in the Early Childhood Classroom
- Adaptations for Children with Disabilities
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Inclusion Planning Checklist: Center-Based Early Care and Education Programs ES
- Inclusion Planning Checklist: Home Visiting Programs ES
- Mission, Goals, Administration and Policy
- Play Area Accessibility Online Training
- Selecting Toys for Children with Disabilities
- Strategies for Including Children with Disabilities in Classroom Activities
- The Americans with Disabilities Act Checklist for Readily Achievable Barrier Removal: Checklist for Existing Facilities version 2.1
- Transporting Children with Disabilities
- Development & Administrative Costs
- Early Childhood Inclusion Position Statement
- Orienting Consultants
- Program Planning and Management
- What Is Program Evaluation?
- Why Evaluate Your Program?