Head Start programs can share this video series with families to help begin conversations about setting financial goals and creating action plans for tracking progress.
Talking Charge of Your Future Videos Series
This series includes six short, semi-animated videos and a resource guide to help families understand different options and benefits for increasing their financial capability. Each video features different topics and diverse stories, families, and settings.
The topics include:
- You Can Make Your Family’s Financial Picture Stronger
- Finding Extra Money Each Week
- Getting Free Money from the IRS
- Getting You and Your Child Banked
- Child Disability Benefits
- Replacing Lost Identity Documents
Closed captioning is available in Spanish.
Start the Conversation
- “You mentioned wanting to improve your financial situation but don’t know where to start. I have a series of short videos featuring different financial topics and families sharing their stories. How about we pick one to watch together, and then we can talk about what we learned.”
Learn More with These Resources
Resource Type: Article
National Centers: Parent, Family and Community Engagement
Last Updated: November 21, 2023