Programs can train staff on the exclusion policy, how to do a daily health check, how to document the daily health check, and how to communicate with families and children about illness and infection control.
Tips and Strategies for Training Staff
- Consider role-play exercises at a staff meeting on the daily health check.
- Have a training on how to apply your program’s exclusion policies fairly and consistently.
Resources for Staff Professional Development
Collaborating with Families
Collaborate with families by taking these steps:
- Share information with families on how they can reduce the risk of spreading infectious illnesses and how to monitor children for signs of infections or illnesses.
- Help families get health care services, including vaccinations.
- Make sure the resources and materials you share with families are in plain language.
- Translate information into the preferred languages of families in your program.
- Make information accessible to people with disabilities.
Resource Type: Article
National Centers: Health, Behavioral Health, and Safety
Last Updated: June 20, 2023