Implementing Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE) Hearing Screening and Follow-up: A Four Session Interactive Web Class
The ECHO Initiative is offering a new, interactive Web Class to prepare Early Head Start/Head Start staff to provide quality OAE hearing screening to young children. This Web Class series consists of four live, web-based sessions lasting approximately 60 minutes each, along with skill-based assignments that allow participants to practice the concepts covered during the session presentations.
Topics for the Web Class include how to:
1. Plan and implement an OAE hearing screening program.
2. Explain how OAE screening works.
3. Conduct OAE screenings on young children.
4. Outline the necessary follow-up steps when a child does not pass the screening.
5. Access resources for tracking children through the screening and follow-up protocol.
6. Access additional tools and resources that support successful quality improvement.
April 24, 2017 1 p.m ET - 2 p.m ET
Hosted by Early Childhood Hearing Outreach (ECHO) Initiative