Program Information Report (PIR)
The Office of Head Start Program Information Report (PIR) provides comprehensive data on the services, staff, children, and families served by Head Start and Early Head Start programs nationwide. All grantees and delegates are required to submit PIR for Head Start and Early Head Start programs.
The 2015–2016 PIR Form is now final. The final document is identical to the Advance Copy PIR Form 1.2 issued in February 2015. The 2015–2016 PIR is currently open for grantees to report. The 2015–2016 PIR is due to the Office of Head Start by Aug. 31, 2016.
The Advanced Copy of the 2016–2017 PIR Form is now available. There are no changes in the 2016–2017 Program Information Report (PIR) from the 2015–2016 form.
2015–2016 PIR Collection Documents
- 2015–2016 PIR Form (posted March 2016) [PDF, 767KB]
- 2015–2016 PIR Change Highlights (posted March 2016) [PDF, 77KB]
- 2015–2016 PIR Performance Indicator Formulas (posted March 2016) [PDF, 148KB]
- 2015–2016 PIR XML Import Format (posted April 2016) [PDF, 1.5MB]
- 2015–2016 PIR Document Revision History (updated April 2016) [PDF, 124KB]
- Program Information Report (PIR): Frequently Asked Questions
Advance Copy 2016–2017 PIR
Services Snapshots summarize annual PIR data. National Services Snapshots are available to download here:
- Services Snapshot – All Programs (2014–2015) [PDF, 53KB]
- Early Head Start Services Snapshot (2014–2015) [PDF, 53KB]
- Head Start Services Snapshot (2014–2015) [PDF, 51KB]
If you are interested in a Services Snapshot for a program near you, use the Program Service Reports search tool.
Access to PIR Data
The PIR is an important source of descriptive and service data for the Head Start community, their partners, Congress, and for the general public. PIR data is compiled for use at the federal, regional, state, and local levels.
The full PIR data set, prior year reports, and PIR forms are available to the public on request.
Contact the Head Start Enterprise System (HSES) help desk to request access.
HSES help desk
Email: help at hsesinfo dot org
Toll Free: 1-866-771-4737 Local: 703-528-0591
Hours of Operation:
Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–7 p.m. ET (excluding federal holidays and weather-related federal office closures)
Current HSES users have access to the full PIR data set in HSES via the Reports tab at https://hses.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/pir/.
Program Information Report (PIR). HHS/ACF/OHS. 2016. English.
Last Reviewed: August 2016
Last Updated: August 2, 2016