Early Childhood Job Center
Bus Driver (Part-Time) - Indianola/Sunflower County
Save the Children Head Start Sunflower County
- Provides regular transportation services for Head Start children while following the safest and most efficient routes;
- Obey all applicable laws, Head Start/Early Head Start regulations and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, maintaining route schedules, and reporting all concerns to supervisor and relevant family services staff;
- Provides regular bus maintenance, including vehicular fluid levels;
- Complete essential maintenance paperwork, safety checklist, and the reporting of damage/malfunctions to the transportation supervisor;
- Perform bus safety drills.
- Ensure internal and external vehicular cleanliness and that recordkeeping, damage/malfunction reporting, safety equipment/seat belt safety are maintained;
- Perform bus entry/exit monitoring;
- Ensure educational/social interaction with children, and communication with parents/families as needed.
- Current in-state Commercial Driver’s License (with a School Bus and/or Passenger endorsement);
- Acceptable and good driving record required;
- Must be insurable by Save the Children’s insurance carrier;
- Minimum high school diploma/G.E.D. (or willingness to take G.E.D. preparatory courses and continue to retain job)
- Willingness to obtain Basic First Aid and CPR Certification
- Knowledge of the basics of working with preschool children (e.g. Department of Transportation rules and regulations);
- Bilingual skills are a plus (English/Spanish)
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results, a clear criminal records check (including child abuse registry check and sex offender registry check if required by state regulations), MSDH Certificate of Immunization Compliance (MSDH Form #121) and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- To drive agency vehicles (if applicable), must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the Save the Children Head Start insurance carrier and have a Motor Vehicle Record acceptable to Save the Children Head Start. Current and former Head Start/Early Head Start parents will receive preference for employment vacancies for which they are qualified.
To apply, visit www.savethechildren.org, search careers, create a profile and apply to positions of interest
Last Updated: February 23, 2017