Assessing the Progress of Children Who Are Dual Language Learners (DLLs) in Head Start and Early Head Start - Webcast
Ready for Success Series
This webinar, part of the Ready for Success series, focuses on how to best assess the progress of dual language learners in Early Head Start and Head Start. The members of the panel discuss how to systematically observe and assess, how to be culturally and linguistically responsive, how to utilize the Head Start Child Outcomes Framework, and how to develop goals to create individualized assessment practices. A viewer's guide and additional resources are available below.
• Assessing the Progress of Children Who Are DLL Webcast Viewer's Guide [PDF, 90KB]
• Head Start Bulletin #78: English Language Learners [PDF, 1.4MB]
• The Head Start Child Outcomes Framework [PDF, 2.2MB]
• Program Preparedness Checklist Version 5
• Dual Language Learning What Does it Take? Head Start Dual Language Report
Assessing the Progress of Children Who Are Dual Language Learners (DLLs) in Early Head Start and Head Start - Webcast. Ready for Success. HHS/ACF/OHS. English. Streaming Video. 01:27:54.
Last Reviewed: May 2012
Last Updated: January 6, 2017