Developing and sustaining effective relationships to ensure successful partnerships
When programs come together to better meet the needs of young children and their families, those relationships will be at the heart of their success. The resources in this section can help partners build relationships that work well and enable them to meet their goals.
Learn the basic foundational concepts to establish successful partnerships.
Strategies for Successful Partnerships
The process to create successful partnerships becomes easier when basic strategies are developed and followed.
- The Communication Plan [PDF, 190KB]
- Conducting Effective Meetings
- Negotiating a Partnership Agreement: Wisdom from the Field [PDF, 220KB]
- Partnership Basics: Strategies for Creating Successful Partnerships [PDF, 203KB]
- Principles for Successful Public-Private Partnerships [PDF, 316KB]
- Promoting Continuity of Care in Infant/Toddler Settings: What can State/Territory Leaders Do? [PDF, 447KB]
- Questions for State-level Leaders to Consider: Stimulating Quality and Heightening Standards for Infants and Toddler Services [PDF, 102KB]
- Coordinated Monitoring Systems for Early Care and Education [PDF, 1.2MB]
- Mapping the Early Care and Education Monitoring Landscape [PDF, 5.5MB]
- Sustainability Planning Framework [PDF, 92KB]
- Using Results to Improve the Lives of Children and Families: A Guide to Public-Private Child Care Partnerships [PDF, 2MB]
- Webinar: The Art of Partnerships
- Webinar: Early Head Start and Family Child Care: Using Partnerships to Maximize Your Potential for Success
- Webinar: Increasing Quality through State Partnerships
- Webinar: Making Strides in Early Head Start-Child Care Partnerships (EHS-CCP) Series
Checklists and Tools that Can Help
The following checklists and tools help programs to create successful partnerships.
- A Checklist for Developing a Partnership Agreement or Contract [PDF, 270KB]. Available in Spanish (español)
- Checklist for Conducting Needs Assessment Surveys: Developing a Plan for Identifying Local Needs and Resources
- Cost Estimation Tool for EHS-CCP Services
- EHS-CCP Organizational Readiness Chart This resource is under review.
- Infant and Toddler Continuity of Care Assessment Tool [PDF, 125KB]
- Partnership Elements Worksheet [PDF, 296KB]. Available in Spanish (español)
- Shaping the Partnership: An Assessment Checklist [PDF, 315KB]
- Webinar: Setting Up Your Partnerships
Last Reviewed: November 2016
Last Updated: November 9, 2016