Tools and Technical Assistance for Early Head Start - Child Care Partnerships Teams
Explore this series of Office Hours videos and tools to assist you in working with your Early Head Start-Child Care Partnership (EHS-CCP). These presentations were conducted by Office of Head Start (OHS) and the Office of Child Care (OCC) federal staff and national center training and technical assistance (T/TA) providers. They offered T/TA and additional networking opportunities for EHS-CC Partnership teams that attended the 2015 EHS-CCP Orientation sessions.
Select a title below for more information and to access the webinars.
1. Child Care Development Fund (CCDF) Subsidy Authorization Processes and Provider Payment Practices: Supporting Low-Income Families and Child Care Providers
Learn more about how much flexibility each state has with subsidy eligibility and authorization of care and child care provider rules. Find out how you and the grantee can work together to see if the policies fully support families enrolled in an EHS-CC Partnership program.
2. Early Head Start and Family Child Care: Using Partnerships to Maximize Your Potential for Success
Explore the benefits of partnerships between EHS and family child care (FCC), and discover successful strategies to foster strong collaboration.
3. Infant/Toddler Workforce Professional Development Supports
This Office Hour highlights how state systems support ongoing professional development.
4. The Art of Partnerships
Review the importance of understanding the culture of EHS and child care and building relationships.
5. Funding Allocation
Discover strategies to avoid supplantation of EHS-CC Partnership funds.
6. Introducing Early Educator Central
This Office Hour introduces Early Educator Central: Pathways for Credentials and Degrees for Infant/Toddler Educators.
7. Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, and Attendance (ERSEA): Utilizing Child Care Subsidies
Review the implications of subsidy changes and how to support families to receive and retain their child care subsidy.
8. National Standards Crosswalk Tool
This Office Hour provides a brief demo of the tool and website. Compare a variety of national standards with your state-specific licensing or quality rating and improvement standards (QRIS).
9. Setting Up Your Partnerships
Learn about the differences between sub-recipient and contractor status and its impact on partnership agreements.
10. Policy and Program Guidance for the EHS-CC Partnerships
Explore the policy and guidance for the EHS-CC Partnerships.
Last Reviewed: May 2016
Last Updated: September 27, 2016