Continuous Program Improvement
Leadership is committed to continuously improving systems and activities to engage and support parents and families.
To learn more, download the Office of Head Start Parent, Family, and Community Engagement Framework in English [PDF, 2.1MB] and Spanish (español) [PDF, 1.6MB]. Note: NCPFCE is in the process of revising this resource to reflect changes in the 2016 Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS).
OHS PFCE Framework
Select a topic below to learn about the PFCE Framework:
- Bryk A.S., Gomez L. M., Grunow A. (2010), Getting Ideas Into Action: Building Networked Improvement Communities in Education
- Harvard Family Research Project (2002) Evaluation for Continuous Improvement. The Evaluation Exchange, 8(2), 1-20
- Good, Better, Fast: Pennsylvania's Office of Child Development and Early learning, Continuous Quality Improvement Guide to Best Practices [DOC, 170KB]
- Policy Development Tools: Engaging Parents/Families in the School Community [PDF, 521KB]
- Transforming Schools Through Family, School, and Community Engagement Webinar
- Using the Head Start Parent, Family, and Community Engagement Framework in Your Program: Markers of Progress
Available in English [PDF, 5.4MB], Spanish (español) [PDF, 14.6MB], English text version [PDF, 641KB], and Spanish (español) text version [PDF, 601KB]. Also available online as the Digital Markers of Progress Tool.
- Putting Head Start Parent, Family, and Community Engagement to Work in Your Program: Integrating Strategies for Program Progress (ISPP)
Available in English [PDF, 1.2MB], Spanish (español) [PDF, 1MB], English fillable version [PDF, 1.7MB], and Spanish (español) text version [PDF, 1.1MB].
- Putting the Head Start Parent, Family, and Community Engagement Framework to Work in Your Program: Integrating Strategies for Program Progress (ISPP), Part II [PDF, 4.7MB]. Also available in Spanish (español) [PDF, 1.3MB].
- PFCE Framework Webinar Series: Understanding How Program Foundations Work Together to Strengthen PFCE—The Role of Leadership
- Learning in Partnership: Using Data and Reflective Practice in Programs (Best Practices in Family and Community Engagement Video Series)
- Data in Head Start and Early Head Start: Series Home Page
- Using Data for Family and Program Progress
Last Reviewed: January 2017
Last Updated: January 24, 2017