The Office of Head Start (OHS) Parent, Family, and Community Engagement (PFCE) Framework is a road map for progress. It is a research-based approach to program change designed to help Head Start programs achieve outcomes that lead to positive and enduring change for children and families. To learn more, download the OHS PFCE Framework in English [PDF, 2.1MB] or Spanish (español) [PDF, 1.6MB].
Use the interactive Framework to find research, resources, and regulations related to program foundations, program impact areas, family engagement outcomes, and child outcomes. Select any area of the Framework below to explore.
Select a Topic:
OHS PFCE Framework
- Notice of Proposed Rule Making on Head Start Program Performance Standards
- OHS Parent, Families and Communities Framework Related Head Start Performance Standards [PDF, 192KB]
Resources and Guides
- Parent, Family, and Community Engagement Framework [PDF, 2MB]
- Parent, Family, and Community Engagement Resource Catalog 1.0 [PDF, 950KB]
- Parent, Family, and Community Engagement Resource Catalog 2.0 [PDF, 1.5MB]
- PFCE Resources A to Z
- Using Data for Family and Program Progress
- Measuring What Matters Series: Using Data to Support Family Progress: An Overview [PDF, 1.7MB] is also available in English text version [PDF, 112KB], Spanish (español) text version [PDF, 118KB] and Spanish (español) full version [PDF, 618KB]
- Developing a PFCE Learning Community: Starter Toolkit [PDF, 932KB]
Last Reviewed: March 2016
Last Updated: April 14, 2016