Positive and Goal-Oriented Relationships
Parents and families observe, guide, promote, and participate in the everyday learning of their children at home, school, and in their communities.
To learn more, download the Office of Head Start Parent, Family, and Community Engagement Framework in English [PDF, 2.1MB] and Spanish (español) [PDF, 1.6MB]. Note: NCPFCE is in the process of revising this resource to reflect changes in the 2016 Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS).
OHS PFCE Framework
Select a topic below to learn about the PFCE Framework:
- Building Partnerships: Guide to Development Relationships with Families. Also available as an English PDF [PDF, 418KMB].
- PFCE Simulation Series: Boosting School Readiness through Effective Family Engagement
- Understanding Family Engagement Outcomes: Families as Advocates and Leaders [PDF, 654KB]
- Understanding Family Engagement Outcomes: Positive Parent-Child Relationships [PDF, 1MB]
- Partnerships for Change: Listening to the Voices of Families (Best Practices in Family and Community Engagement Video Series)
- Journeys of Hope and Courage: Using Storytelling Approaches to Partner with Families
- Head Start and Early Head Start Relationship-Based Competencies for Staff and Supervisors Who Work with Families [PDF, 1.3MB]. Also available in Spanish (español) [PDF, 1.9MB].
- Head Start and Early Head Start Relationship-based Competencies: Professional Development Assessment
- Fall 2 Fall Series: Advancing Family Engagement through Professional Development in Family Services
- Partnering with Families: Building Positive Goal-Oriented Relationships
Last Reviewed: January 2017
Last Updated: January 24, 2017