Program Impact Areas
Families work with staff to identify and achieve their goals and aspirations.
To learn more, download the Office of Head Start Parent, Family, and Community Engagement Framework in English [PDF, 2.1MB] and Spanish (español) [PDF, 1.6MB]. Note: NCPFCE is in the process of revising this resource to reflect changes in the 2016 Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS).
OHS PFCE Framework
Select a topic below to learn about the PFCE Framework:
- Blue-Banning, M., Summers, J., Frankland, H., Nelson, L, Beegle, G. (2004). Dimensions of Family and Professional Partnerships: Constructive Guidelines for Collaboration. Exceptional Children, 70(2), 167-184 [PDF, 88KB]
- Sheridan, S., Knoche, L. L., Edwards, C. P., Bovaird, J. A., Kupzyk, K. A. (2010). Parent engagement and school readiness: Effects of the Getting Ready Intervention on preschool children's social-emotional competencies. Early Education and Development
- Webster-Stratton, C., Reid, M.J., & Hammond, M. (2001). Preventing conduct problems, promoting social competence: A parent and teacher partnership in Head Start. Journal of Clinical Child Psychology, 30(3), 283-302
- Co-Constructing Family Involvement [PDF, 261KB]
- Successful Family Engagement in the Classroom:What teachers need to know and be able to do to engage families in raising student achievement [PDF, 299KB]
- ACF-IM-HS-12-05 Head Start and Early Head Start Relationship-Based Competencies for Staff and Supervisors who Work With Families
- Head Start and Early Head Start Relationship-Based Competencies for Staff and Supervisors Who Work with Families [PDF, 1.3MB]. Also available in Spanish (español) [PDF, 1.9MB].
- Head Start and Early Head Start Relationship-based Competencies: Professional Development Assessment
- PFCE Simulation Series: Boosting School Readiness through Effective Family Engagement
- Building Partnerships: Guide to Development Relationships with Families
Also available as an English [PDF, 418KB].
- Family and Community Partnership for School Readiness (Best Practices in Family and Community Engagement Video Series)
- Program Environments: Responsive Programming for Migrant Families (Best Practices in Family and Community Engagement Video Series)
Last Reviewed: January 2017
Last Updated: January 24, 2017