Program Impact Areas
Families feel welcomed, valued, and respected by program staff.
To learn more, download the Office of Head Start Parent, Family, and Community Engagement Framework in English [PDF, 2.1MB] and Spanish (español) [PDF, 1.6MB]. Note: NCPFCE is in the process of revising this resource to reflect changes in the 2016 Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS).
Select a topic below to learn about the PFCE Framework:
- Bryk, A.S. Schneider, B. (2003). Educational Leadership, 60(6), 40-45
- Halgunseth, L.C., Peterson, A., Stark D.R., Moodie, S. (2009) Family Engagement, Diverse Families, and Early Childhood Education Programs: An Integrated Review of Literature. National Association for the Education of Young Children and Pre-K now [PDF, 211KB]
- Local School Councils and Parent Involvement in Chicago [PDF, 563KB]
- Bringing the Parent, Family, and Community Engagement Framework to Your Program: Beginning a Self-Assessment—Program Environment
Available in English [PDF, 7.9MB], English text version [PDF, 269KB] and Spanish (español) text version [PDF, 284KB].
- Building Partnerships: Guide to Development Relationships with Families
Also available as an English PDF [PDF, 418KB].
- Program Environments: Responsive Programming for Migrant Families (Best Practices in Family and Community Engagement Video Series)
Last Reviewed: January 2017
Last Updated: January 24, 2017