Tell Me a Story: Additional Resources
Explore resources to support Tell Me a Story in your early care and education program. Read related short papers that supplement the Tell Me a Story workshops. Topics include building resilience, communicating difficult issues and across cultures, and coping with parental depression and other adversities. Use them as professional training materials or as handouts for staff and parents.
- Additional Resources for Tell Me A Story [PDF, 67KB]
- Better Parent Communication: What Do I Say When a Parent Tells Me Something Difficult? [PDF, 471KB]
- Better Communication with Children: Responding to Challenging Subjects [PDF, 160KB]
- Parenting, Depression, and Hope: Reaching Out to Families Facing Adversity [PDF, 166KB]
- Fostering Resilience in Families Coping With Depression: Practical Ways Head Start Staff Can Help Families Build on Their Power to Cope [PDF, 159KB]
- Understanding Depression Across Cultures [PDF, 168KB]
- Communicating Across Language and Culture: How Do I Reach Out to Parents Who Are Immigrants? [PDF, 198KB]
- Encouraging an Expressive Environment: Supportive Communication From the Inside Out [PDF, 166KB]
- Self-Reflection and Shared Reflection as Professional Tools [PDF, 158KB]
Return to the Tell Me a Story homepage.
Last Reviewed: September 2015
Last Updated: September 14, 2015