Virtual Early Education Center (VEEC): Room by Room Practices for Health and Safety
The Virtual Early Education Center (VEEC) is an online tool for early care and education (ECE) programs, including Head Start, Early Head Start, and child care. It is designed to have the look and feel of an actual ECE center. Visitors can move from room to room within the VEEC to find information on health and safety practices and useful resources. Use it to explore resources and information regarding Head Start Program Performance Standards and Caring for Our Children (CFOC). Learn more about health-focused ECE and best practices.
Features and functions include:
- Hotspots within each room that provide visitors with information on the Head Start Program Performance Standards, CFOC standards, CFOC Basics, and related resources
- Information on child health and development from infancy to school-age
- Specific resources around safety and injury prevention, including indoor-outdoor play and transportation safety
- Four topic areas to explore:
- Healthy active living
- Managing infectious diseases
- Medication administration
- Staff wellness
Watch this short video for tips on how to get started with the VEEC tool.
Virtual Early Education Center: Room by Room Practices for Health and Safety
Watch this short webinar to learn about why the VEEC is important, who contributed to it, and to get a quick overview.
Last Reviewed: June 2016
Last Updated: January 6, 2017