The key message for Head Start A to Z: Communication is that relationship-building is at the heart of leadership. An effective communication system connects stakeholders, as well as the 10 Head Start management systems. Each person involved in the organization has something to contribute to the whole. This includes managers, teachers, parents, governing body members, and others. Communication is integral to building the relationships we need to work together toward success. As a leader, it is your responsibility to foster these relationships. You need to promote and model strong, positive communication among all stakeholders.
To get started, use the tab to open the "Session Description" below. It provides an outline of the entire session, detailed presenter notes, and suggestions for using the materials in the "Activities and Handouts" tab.
Communication Note: This resource is under review.
Communication - Slideshow Note: This resource is under review.
Communication - Printable Presentation Note: This resource is under review.
Activities and Handouts
- 3 Major Steps in Developing a Communication System [PDF, 104KB]
- Communication System Activity [PDF, 318KB]
- Extend Your Learning Resources Note: This resource is under review.
- Key Messages for New Leaders [PDF, 505KB]
- Nifty Notes [DOC, 57KB]
- Take A Walk in their Shoes Activity [PDF, 952KB]
- What Does your Plan Look Like? [PDF, 148KB]
Last Reviewed: December 2016
Last Updated: December 6, 2016