Head Start leaders are charged with an enormous task. They help to prepare children for kindergarten and beyond while operating and sustaining a business. Fiscal management is a large part of that task. This two-part session provides a general overview of what Head Start directors need to know and do to oversee fiscal management.
To get started, read the session description. It provides an outline of the entire session, detailed presenter notes, and suggestions for using the materials in the Activities and Handouts tab.
Fiscal Management: Session Description
Fiscal Management Session Description Note: This resource is under review.
Fiscal Management Part I [PPT, 2.7MB]
Fiscal Management Part II [PPT, 2.5MB]
Fiscal Management Part I: Printable PowerPoint [PDF, 1.9MB]
Fiscal Management Part II: Printable PowerPoint [PDF, 874KB]
Activities and Handouts
- Cost Principles: General Principles [PDF, 169KB]
- Cost Principles Activity [PDF, 102KB]
- Cost Principles Activity: Answers [PDF, 176KB]
- Fiscal Organizational Scan for New Directors [PDF, 140KB]
- Organizational Fiscal Policies and Procedures: Suggested Table of Contents [PDF, 130KB]
- Internal Controls Scenarios [PDF, 133KB]
- Key Messages for New Leaders [PDF, 505KB]
- Nifty Notes [DOC, 57KB]
- Head Start Non-Federal Share Match: At-a-Glance [PDF, 165KB]
- Head Start Non-Federal Share Match Activity Answers [PDF, 181KB]
Last Reviewed: December 2016
Last Updated: December 6, 2016