Accounting Software Assessment Worksheet
Accounting software can help your organization plan for and keep track of its budget. Program directors and their management staff can use this resource to assess their accounting software needs as part of their overall technology planning.
Accounting software can help your organization plan for and keep track of its budget. But in order to make the best decision about what type of software to buy, it's also important to understand how the software would work with the accounting, technology, and budgeting systems already in place. Use these questions to help you think through your accounting software needs.
- Does your organization have someone on staff doing your accounting? If so, is your accounting system computerized?
- If the accounting system is not computerized, do you think it should be? Why?
- What kind(s) of accounting software does your organization use?
- Is your computerized accounting system currently working well?
- Would your accounting system be adequate with a 25 percent increase in volume?
- Is the accounting staff able to keep your organization's accounts accurately and easily?
- Do your computers run the accounting software adequately?
- Does your organization need to upgrade to a newer version of your current program or even a different program? If so, what program do you need?
- How many computers will not be able to run the new software?
Accounting Software Assessment Worksheet. CompuMentor. 2005. English.
Last Reviewed: October 2012
Last Updated: September 8, 2015