Office of Head Start Leadership Institute
Are you interested in all the exciting topics that will be covered at the Leadership Institute but are unable to attend? If so, sign up for the Office of Head Start (OHS) Leadership Institute livestreaming sessions and the MyPeers community.
Join OHS live from Chicago, where one plenary and four breakout sessions from the 2017 OHS Leadership Institute will be livestreamed. The sessions are also available to watch simultaneously interpreted in Spanish.
This year's theme is "Leading Quality." The sessions will present a solid foundational approach to early childhood development, teaching, and learning, and offer insight on managing comprehensive programs. The conference program will be planned and presented by OHS and the National Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) Centers.
The following sessions will be presented:
Thursday, April 6, 2017
- 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m. CDT: Implementing Evidence-Based Practices to Support Inclusion: Resources and Strategies
- 2–3:30 p.m. CDT: Program Approaches for Staff Wellness
Friday, April 7, 2017
- 8:30–10 a.m. CDT: The Head Start Management Systems Wheel: A Key Resource for Head Start Stakeholders
- 10:30–noon CDT: Coordinated Approaches: Supporting Program Management and Quality Improvement
- 2:30–4:30 p.m. CDT: Closing Plenary – Preschool Expulsions and Suspensions: What Early Childhood Leaders Need to Know about the Role of Implicit Bias
Sign up for the OHS Leadership Institute MyPeers Community to access livestreaming sessions, session content, and resources. MyPeers community members will have a chance to interact with expert presenters and other early childhood professionals.
The Office of Head Start Leadership Institute MyPeers Community will help you:
- Stay up to date on and access live-streamed sessions
- Engage with presenters and colleagues on trending topics
- Access and participate in discussions on session content and related resources
- Learn about and join other MyPeers communities relevant to your interests and role
- Identify supports available from the National T/TA Centers
Who Should Participate?
The MyPeers community provides a chance for program leaders who are unable to attend the live event in Chicago to access Institute content and to engage with presenters and attendees.
Please note that participants attending the Institute in Chicago automatically join the MyPeers Community as part of the registration process, unless you choose to "opt out."
How to Sign Up for the MyPeers Community
Register for the community using your name and email address: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/bt5mypeers
You will receive an email inviting you to join with further instructions.
Last Reviewed: April 2017
Last Updated: April 3, 2017