Sheltering Arms' Early Childhood Education program provides early learn services to Pre-K children in a center-based classroom setting. Our Centers inspire hope, encourage curiosity and learning for hundreds of children, ages 2-4 years old. Serving working families in the community, our centers meets a growing need for high quality, affordable early education. Our dedicated educators guide children through hands-on learning activities and a constantly growing set of innovations, such as mental health support and exposure to the arts. Our model is informed by New York’s Common Core learning standards and the Creative Curriculum, ensuring that children gain the early literacy, math, and cognitive skills they will need to succeed in Kindergarten and beyond.
Sheltering Arms is currently seeking Educational Directors for our Harriet Tubman Early Childhood Education Center (Bronx); Cooper Park Day Care (Brooklyn) and Morningside Day Care (Harlem). The Director/s will oversee the day to day management of the center, including responsibility for overall administration and staff supervision; coordination and of all program components, including the intellectual growth of the children; providing preventative health and social services, nutrition, staff development, and community outreach; promoting parent involvement in program operation; and fiscal management. This is a full time position in the South Bronx; comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, vision, prescription, and pension plan.
- Overseeing the overall functionality of the center, including financial management; Developing/maintaining quality standards of education and nurturing of the children; ensuring the program meets the emotional, physical, intellectual and social needs of the individual the child/ren
- Ensuring that staff records the behavior and progress of each child and providing program planning and referrals
- Assisting staff in all areas of professional growth and development through regularly scheduled individual conferences, group and staff meetings and frequent observations and discussions of teachers’ performances; Ensuring good continuing relations between the Center and the parents, through informal contacts, planned conferences and discussion of their child/ren’s progress
- Facilitating the election, establishment and continuation of a Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) and of Policy Counsel (For Early Head Start); assisting in creating a mechanism for regular communication between the Board and PAC; and interpreting Board policies and programs pertinent to parents’ relationship with the day care center
- Maintaining community relations, including familiarity with community resources; engaging in outreach and networking regarding agency services; and developing/maintaining ongoing productive communication with the community, stakeholders, parents, and internal professionals
- Assisting Human Resources in all areas of hiring and recruitment
- Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education, with NYS Teacher Certification in Early Childhood Education (Birth-Grade 2)
- 1-2 years of prior management experience, plus 2 years of experience working in a group setting with children
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment, without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status in all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
To apply, please select the following link: http://jobs.shelteringarmsny.org/apply/qCn8TgpqfM/Early-Childhood-Educational-Director-Morris-Early-Childhood-Education-Center-South-Bronx?source=ECKLC