Sheltering Arms' Early Childhood Education program inspires hope, and encourages curiosity and learning for hundreds of children, ages 2-4 years old. Serving working families in the community, our centers meet a growing need for high quality, affordable early education. Our dedicated educators guide children through hands-on learning activities and a constantly growing set of innovations, such as mental health support and exposure to the arts. Our model is informed by New York’s Common Core learning standards and the Creative Curriculum, ensuring that children gain the early literacy, math, and cognitive skills they will need to succeed in Kindergarten and beyond.
Sheltering Arms is currently seeking Group Teachers in our Early Childhood Education Centers in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Harlem and the Bronx. The Group Teacher supervises the planning and execution of a program to providing education for children 2-4 years old in center-based classrooms. The program practices the creative curriculum, and takes into account the educational, social, developmental and health needs of the group, as well as the individual child. The group teacher will also be responsible for planning and conducting regular group conferences with classroom associates. These are full time Union (DC 1707, Local 205) positions, with union benefits, including medical, dental and 401k savings plan.
- Responsible for meeting with parents annually to discuss student progress
- Works within the frame work of the sponsoring agency
- Supervises a given group of children in all activities; including trips and outings.
- Promotes the professional growth of classroom association by sharing mutual knowledge
- Promotes sound parent relationships by attending and participating in group parent meetings
- Maintains objectives staff relationships
- Conducts regular group conferences based on daily observation of associates performance
- Share records with staff members when appropriate and in line with compliance standards
- Responsible for weekly progress reports
- Implements effective program curriculum
- Completes assessments related to curriculum (i.e. progress of the children)
- Completes all administrative responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Develops a sound program that meets educational goals
- Oversees community resources to enrich educational content
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education with Study Plan or Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education with NYS Teacher Certification (Birth-Grade 2).
- Two years experience working in a group setting with children
- First Aid and CPR trainings required and re-certified as needed
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Compensation: $36,000-$50,000 per annum, based on qualifications
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
To apply, please select the following link: http://jobs.shelteringarmsny.org/apply/bzLbGaFmFl/Early-Childhood-Group-Teacher?source=ECKLC