Supervisor - Haverstraw
Head Start of Rockland, Inc.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of recruitment, selection and enrollment of eligible children, that includes providing an explanation of income eligibility, program services, parent participation, and informed consent.(RBC #9)
- Responsible for the maintenance of family files with current and accurate information on each assigned family enrolled in program. (RBC # 6)
- Creates class lists with education supervisor and distribute to appropriate staff and keep the lists up to date throughout the year. (RBC #6)
- Ensure classroom ratio are created in accordance to OCFS guidelines
- Completes home visits as required and needed with families to discuss progress toward meeting identified goals and any other concerns that may arise. (RBC #1)
- Contact families of children who are absent and work with these families on a continuous basis in overcoming obstacles in attendance. Responsible for site meeting the 85% monthly attendance requirement.(RBC #8)
- Ensure 100% enrollment of EHS/Head Start/Universal Pre-Kindergarten slots and oversee attendance of all children and complete all required follow-up.(RBC #8)
- Participate in Human Resources issues related to the FCE Dept. (RBC #9)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Work strongly preferred or in Human Services, Counseling, Family/Child Studies or related field.
- Must have experience working with children and families, supervisory experience is a plus; Experience or formal training with group dynamics and workshop facilitation
- Ability to communicate with parents, professionals and community groups.
- Must have a valid NYS driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be available some evenings, weekends, and/or hours during the summer
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft office tools)
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org