The Family Advocate I is directly responsible to the Family Partnership Coordinator for providing leadership in implementing and monitoring the ERSEA (eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment, and attendance) and Family and Community Partnership services as outlined in the Head Start Performance Standards. These activities will include but not limited to developing plans, recordkeeping systems, and approaches to families.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Assist with the development and annually revision of the family and community partnerships policies and procedures, to include ERSEA. Assist with the development and annual revision of the program governance policies and procedures.
- Thoroughly review the Head Start New Performance Standards ensure policies and procedures are updated.
- Assist with developing goals, objectives, and strategies to ensure that these standards are implemented.
Manage and monitor ERSEA.
- Assist with developing yearly a recruitment plan for Charles County.
- Assist training appropriate staff on the intake process.
- Review intake applications for accuracy and completeness.
- Determine eligibility and certify families.
- Input and monitor the data in CAP 60.
- Assist with developing selection criteria and review with Policy Council each year for approval.
- Monitor the enrollment process to ensure 100% of funded enrollment.
Assist with providing leadership for the family partnership process.
- Assist with developing and training staff on the empowerment approach with families.
- Ensure that families' needs are assessed and family partnership agreements developed within 45 days of entry.
- Review FPA plans and progress.
- Coordinate services as needed with other agencies/organizations
- Coordinate the development of a Community Resource Booklet for distribution to parents.
Assist with providing leadership for parent involvement.
- Assist with developing philosophy for and train all staff on involving parents in the program.
- Train staff on organizing parent committees at their center.
- Provide training and technical assistance to Policy Council (PC) and the PC financial committee.
- Monitor center parent committee and Policy Council funds.
- Receive and review monthly center parent committee minutes.
Recruit, train and provide guidance for volunteers from the community.
Assist with monitoring student’s Attendance – assist with developing a plan to maintain the required Performance Standards (85%).
Coordinate with Family Partnership Coordinator to assure that services are implemented at each center.
- Review polices and processes at staff meetings.
- Participate in CAST meetings to review family concerns.
- Participate in the program self-assessment.
- Participate in developing strategic plan goals, objectives and strategies.
- Submit requested monthly data and reports.
Monitor the effectiveness of parent involvement throughout the program.
- Develop tracking systems for monitoring parent involvement services.
- Review family files for completeness and content.
- Submit monitoring reports to Project Director.
- Evaluate and relate training needs for staff.
- Report deficiencies and concerns to Project Director.
- Participate in monthly administrative staff meeting.
- Assist in the development of the family and community engagement plan.
Assess all families for needs using the assessment tool.
- Assist families in determining goals, objectives and strategies.
- Conduct a minimum of 2 home visits during the program year for re-enrolling
families and 3 for new families (the first being within 45 days of entry).
Provide case management services for all families at the center by
- Contacting each family each month...
- Providing all parents with needed community resource information.
- Supporting families referral and goal strategies.
- Provide parent training which includes preventing Child Abuse and Neglect and
other relevant topics.
- Provide transition services for families exiting the program.
- Serving as a parent advocate.
Develop a child and family health plan.
- Obtain required health information on each child:
- Immunization record.
- Health history.
- Physical/dental exams.
- Ensure completion of vision and hearing screenings within 45 days of entry on each child.
- Review all health information and determine need for:
- Specific health action plans.
- Follow-up on medical and dental concerns.
- Assist families with needed follow-up.
- Track health information and report as requested.
Organize, maintain and update child and family information.
- Place required information in each child and family file.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Provide Family Partnership coordinator with necessary documentation and information needed to complete the monthly report.
Bachelor’s Degree in social work, human development or related field and at least 2 years experience in case management and maintaining accurate and current records. Good skill using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, or other software applications to retrieve data, create spreadsheets, and reports. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times. Good math and analytical skills.
Communication Skills: Communicates effectively, appropriately, and professionally in written and verbal formats with coworkers, supervisors, customers, and vendors.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR and First Aid.
State and Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check, National Sex Offender Public Registry Check, Physical and TB Tine Test at time of employment and annually, or by physician requirement, thereafter.
Interested candidates may apply on-line at www.smtccac.org or print and complete a copy of the application and submit a resume for each position and clearly identify the position for which you are applying. Mail the completed application and a copy of your resume to the:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 280
Hughesville, MD 20637
In addition to your application and resume please provide a copy of your degree and a copy of your college transcripts. Applications and documents submitted with missing information will not be considered. Do not send applications via Fax.
In house candidates must complete an Internal Employee Transfer/Promotion Request application and submit a current resume for each position they are interested in and credentials are till required.