Responsible for providing a stimulating environment for the growth, well-being and development of the child.
In following the lesson plan developed by the lead teacher, the Substitute Teacher will:
- Provide a safe environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the developmental level and learning style of the children.
- Provide the group with a positive routine and with simple rules that are understood and accepted by children and adults.
- Provide activities and experiences which encourage questioning, probing and problem-solving skills appropriate to developmental level and learning style of the children.
- Help children to acquire and use language as a means of communicating their thoughts, feelings and understanding of others.
- Help children to know, accept and appreciate themselves as individuals. Help each child develop a sense of independence and acquire the ability to express, understand and control feelings.
- Establish positive and productive relationships with parents and encourage them to participate in the Center's activity. Plan regular parent conferences with parents and make home visits
- Maintain all necessary record keeping, (e.g. meal count, attendance, documentation of individualizing for each child, etc.)
- High School Diploma and,
- 90-Hour Credential.
- The willingness to continue training.
Apply online: http://www.vincentbaltimore.org/career-opportunities-list
Application Deadline: Applicants will be considered for interview on a rolling basis (cover letter, resume and three references), no phone calls.