Under supervision, the Family Advocate:
· Manages a caseload of families; makes regular home visits within established requirements; disseminates and collects materials pertaining to services available to families
· Interviews parent(s) and compiles mandated background information; assists families with identifying and attaining milestones of family goals
· Maintains outreach and recruitment to ensure site enrollment of eligible children; actively participates in re-involvement efforts
· Establishes child file; collects, maintains, updates and disseminates information, as needed
· Promotes parent advocacy; facilitates parent activities and training and ensures parent participation and involvement
· Provides health-related services to children such as vision and hearing screenings
· Establishes and maintains contacts with community-based service organizations and resources; initiates and follows-up on referral process in conjunction with families, teachers, and service support staff
· Actively participates in classroom environment and with parent volunteers
· Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Services, Health or related field
· Must have excellent computer skills including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing
· Must have first aid and CPR certifications
· Must have valid California driver’s license and access to dependable automobile with adequate insurance in order to make home visits and/or to travel to different school and office sites
· Fingerprint clearance required prior to employment
· Must have physical examination at the time of employment
· Must have TB clearance at the time of employment issued within past 6 months; TB clearance must be renewed annually
· Must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs, to move quickly and to perform duties requiring squatting and kneeling in order to interact with children in a very busy environment
· Experience working in social work, case management, or as a health or parent involvement aid in a related program a plus
· Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and oral)
All VOALA employment applications are initiated online at www.voala.org/careers. Additionally, to be consider for an interview for this position, please submit the following items to email@example.com.
- Copy of BA degree.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE LOS ANGELES COUNTY. OVER 50 LOCATIONS!
Full-time positions, great benefits, competitive salaries, educational leave, student stipends, rewarding careers, and much more!