Provides primary care for four infants or toddlers and is a secondary care giver for an additional four infants or toddlers
● Adheres to Child Assessment/Observation System & Family Partnership System Timeline
● Ensures and participates in a minimum of 2 parent home visits and 2 conferences per child. The first home visit is done in partnership with the Family Outreach Worker (except for the Nueva Vista program)
● Assess children, develop individualized routines, and developmentally appropriate plans and curriculum
● Has meaningful, respectful conversation with children throughout each day
● Encourages language development in children in primary and secondary language
● Reinforce the role of the parent as primary care giver and educator of the child
● Working in partnership with the Head Teacher and or Primary Care Giver, provide daily leadership in the classroom including indirectly supervising and directly guiding the work of the Classroom Assistant, and Full Inclusion Assistant if assigned, and classroom volunteers
● Work in partnership with service area managers and center staff to better assess the needs of the children and families to ensure quality services to children and families
● Support and serve as a resource to the families and works with them in assessing their strengths, interests and needs, make referrals as appropriate
● Builds a close, personal relationship with each child, while creating a warm, accepting and developmentally appropriate environment which encourages the cognitive, physical, emotional and social development of the infant/toddler and family
● Maintains warm, friendly and professional working relationships with children, parents and coworker
● Ensure and share in the daily cleaning and sanitization procedures of the classroom, classroom equipment, and outside play yard; maintain health and safety standards for children, classroom volunteers and staff; Promote good health and nutrition and provide an environment that contributes to the prevention of illness
● Maintain classroom files on children and insure confidentiality of client records and information
● Coordinates and cooperates with consultants and specialists with items relevant to the center and children, ensuring maximum use of services and resources.
● May include collaboration/coordination of program services with other community entities: i.e., school districts, those serving children with diagnosed disabilities, State Child Care programs.
● Participate in staff meetings, consultant meetings, trainings and appropriate special events, as scheduled
● Participate in the team building process within the program by using established communication channels in a constructive and productive manner that enhances the team effort
● The health, safety and supervision of children in the program is essential, therefore every employee is responsible for the care and supervision of children while they are present at the center
● Other relevant duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATES and/or EXPERIENCE: A. A California Children's Center Permit/Child Development Associate Teacher (or higher) Permit with 3 infant toddler units required; 6 preferred. OR B. An Infant/Toddler Child Development Associate credential OR C. AA or higher in Early Childhood Education. In Addition to the above:
● Six months teaching experience in a pre-school/infant toddler classroom
● High School diploma or GED or equivalent
● Valid California Driver's License and a properly insured vehicle for use on the job
● Prior to beginning work, must be able to pass the Community Care Licensing criminal record clearance, and have a current (within one year) TB clearance and Health Screening Report.
● Current Pediatric First Aid, CPR and Health and Safety Course.
Please visit www.capsonoma.org go to the "About" tab, "Careers", and "Job Openings" for a job description and to download a job application. Please return completed applications (PLEASE INCLUDE RESUME AND TRANSCRIPTS) to: Community Action Partnership Head Start & Early Head Start c/o Amy Yamauchi 141 Stony Circle Ste 210 Santa Rosa, CA 95401 OR email to email@example.com Thank you for your interest in Head Start & Early Head Start!