Head Start and Educational Standards:
- Enforces Office of Head Start and State of California licensing rules and regulations for all areas that concern parents of children enrolled or in the process of enrolling at child care centers.
- Follows Office of Head Start, Department of Social Services Licensing Division and agency regulations and standards to maintain a safe environment for children and employees.
- Follows agency rules as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Applies rules and regulations consistently and objectively in dealings with enrolled families.
- Staying current of the changes within the Office of Head Start and California Child Development regulations governing operation of child care centers.
- Must be committed to continual learning and self- improvement through training, formal education, conference attendance, and keeping abreast of changes within Office of Head Start and California Child Development regulations governing operation of child care centers.
Nutrition Manager Functions:
- Develops a comprehensive Nutrition Service Area Plan with yearly updates.
- Assess nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans.
- Develops menus for centers that meet the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) guidelines for meal service.
- Ensures that family child care providers enrolled in the Child Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) are monitored at regular intervals.
- Purchase food in accordance with health and safety codes and manage quantity food and distribution.
- Make recommendations regarding public policy, such as nutrition labeling, food fortification, and nutrition standards for school programs.
- Inspect meals served for conformance to prescribed diets and standards of palatability and appearance.
- Organize, develop, analyze, test, and prepare special meals such as low-fat, low-cholesterol and chemical-free meals.
- Prepare and administer budgets for food, equipment and supplies.
- Develop policies for food service or nutritional programs to assist in health promotion and disease control.
- Coordinate recipe development and standardization and develop new menus for independent food service operations.
Program Goals and Monitoring:
- Works in conjunction with the health manager, management team, and community organizations in completion of the program goals for on- going monitoring, program self- assessment, and program information report.
- Assists with organization and facilitation of the Health Services Advisory Committee.
- Determines nutritional needs of enrolled children and their families, providing guidance and referring to community agencies as needed.
- Monitors centers and Family Child Care homes.
- Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards.
Supervisor Support Functions:
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates work activities of the food service workers.
- Trains workers in proper operational procedures and functions and explain company policies.
- Reviews work schedules to ensure quality and timely delivery of service.
- Works with Food Service Coordinator to advise food service workers on sanitation, safety procedures, menu development, budgeting, and planning to assist with the establishment, operation, and evaluation of food service facilities and nutrition programs.
- Plans and/or conduct training programs in dietetics, nutrition.
- Collaborates with staff members to plan or develop programs of events, schedules of activities
- Conducts employees’ annual performance evaluations.
- Trains and supervises Food Service Coordinator to support staff who plan, prepare and serve meals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition Science or related field in Dietetics, Food, or Nutrition and three years’ experience in administering nutrition programs preferably for children 0-6 years of age.
- Two years’ supervisory work experience.
Please select the job title and it should direct you to the KCAO website, select Careers, and select the position "Nutrition Manager".
You can also copy and paste the link below into your browser which will direct you to this position.
Select the following link: https://kcao.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/eb5ff175-ecd4-00d7-ee52-6a8ebf74bcb3/apply?source=553534-CJB-0