In collaboration with the Center Manager and teaching team, the Lead Teacher creates an environment to reflect the cultural values and diversity of the children and families served. S/he provides consistent, responsive and respectful care to the children as a primary caregiver (teacher), and is also responsible for the safety, care, supervision, and development of all children in the classroom.
The Lead Teacher develops and is responsible for the implementation of lesson plans and classroom activities, as well as ongoing monitoring of the environment and interactions in the classroom. The Lead Teacher is a role model and mentor for staff, parents, and children. S/he shares information about child development, best practices, and encourages family engagement in the classroom and center.
Who We are Looking for:
- Two years of teaching experience with young children and diverse populations preferred.
- Experience in leading a team in implementing a developmental and age appropriate curriculum.
- Good communication, problem solving and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
B.A. in Early Childhood Education or related field.
A valid California Child Development Teacher permit or presently eligible for permit application with proof of application submitted.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit your resume, cover letter and a copy of your unofficial transcript to email@example.com.
- If invited for an interview, a copy of your teaching permit or verification form (from your local college advisor) will be required.