Talent Aquisition Specialist - Los Angeles/Hollywood
Youth Policy Institute
- Provide classroom support at the beginning of the day and at the end of the day to ensure proper teacher-child ratios are met.
- Provide classroom support while teachers conduct home visits, parent conferences, plan activities and complete required paperwork.
- Provide effective and nurturing teacher-child interactions;
- Maintain a healthy learning environment;
- Support children's social and emotional development;
- Promote infant/toddler development;
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety issues in infant/toddler care (such as SIDS); and
- Facilitate effective communication with infants, toddlers, parents and other staff members.
- Establish and maintain accurate and confidential records in system database.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Early Head Start Teacher I works under the supervision of the EHS CCP Site Supervisor.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Must have an Associates Degree from an institution of higher learning accredited by a regional accreditation association recognized by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation.
- Must agree to be on an education plan towards the successful completion of a bachelor's degree and complete with a “C” or better at least three semester (4.5 quarter) units per year in child development or a general education class required for the bachelor’s degree.
- In addition, must complete six semester units in early childhood development with a focus on infant and toddler development within the first year of employment.
- Total two years of experience in a classroom or group setting with young children.
- One year of experience working with children ages of zero to five.
- Must possess a current California Child Development Teacher permit or higher.
- Must complete annually at least 15 hours of (classroom focused) professional development and have a yearly individual professional development plan.
Apply online: https://careers-ypiusa.icims.com/jobs/2109/teacher-i--early-head-start/job?mode=view