At Children’s Home + Aid, we believe that quality early childhood education can build the foundation for a lifetime of learning. Families count on us to help put their children on the path to a better future—and keep them there with early childhood education that reinforces children’s social and emotional growth and stability.
Join our team of passionate educators who are committed to making a difference in the lives of the children and families we serve. As an Early Head Start Teacher, you will work collaboratively with the Lead Teacher to implement the Early Head Start Performance Standards for the children and families served in your classroom. Early Head Start standards ensure a high level of parent engagement and collaboration in all aspects of the program, and support teachers in meeting their students' educational and developmental needs by providing a comprehensive range of services.
This position requires energy, an eagerness to both teach and learn every day, and a determination to exceed the standards. If you’re looking for a challenge and are interested in being part of an organization that is always innovating, this might be the job for you.
- Assist Lead Teacher in planning and conducting age-appropriate activities.
- Provide input to periodic developmental assessments for children.
- Assist with parent conferences.
- Prepare supplies and environment for activities.
- Help to manage the classroom.
- Provide primary care-giving for children age 0-3.
- Rely on your education and expertise to maintain a classroom where children feel safe and excited about learning.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education, or equivalent credits required.
- 1-3 years experience in a Early Head Start funded 0-3 Program preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish and English preferred.
- Experience with Creative Curriculum and the Teaching Strategies GOLD assessment tool is preferred.
Why Children’s Home + Aid?
We are a respected, statewide social service agency with expertise on the many facets of healthy child and family development, a focus on providing trauma-informed services, and a commitment to innovation and Best Practice.
Dedicated professional development time and resources.
Competitive salary structure and 401(k) program.
Generous paid leave that exceeds that of most early childhood education centers.
- Gold Circle of Qualify and NAEYC Accredited.
- Lower than average teacher to student ratios.
Compensation includes paid time off, as well as medical, dental, vision and life insurance and a 401(k) Employee savings plan. Children’s Home + Aid is an equal opportunity employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
To apply, please select the following link: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CHI1016/JobBoard/4c7676e0-0e8b-2a75-f657-6b1c39ffa981/?t=location&v=6ceb9386-f16a-4982-88d3-f81f8326c938&q=teacher&o=relevance