Job Title: Family Advocate Supervisor
Supervised by: Early Head Start Director
Job title: Family Advocate Specialist
Supervised by: Family Advocate Supervisor
Job Summary: The EHS Family Advocate Supervisor plans, organizes and implements the Family and Community Partnership service area under the general direction of the Early Head Start Director. Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, social welfare, public administration, or one of the social sciences; fluent in written and spoken English; Bilingual in written and spoken Spanish preferred; experience in human services program management, including program planning, operations & evaluation and the use of management information systems.
Job Summary: The EHS Family Advocate Specialist assists in the planning, organizing, and implementation of the Family and Community Partnership service area. Qualifications include credentialed or certified in social work, human services, family services, counseling or a related field; AA or BS degree in social work preferred; fluency in written and spoken Spanish and English.
- Ability to pass a health examination and a criminal background check
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments simultaneously as needed
- Ability to travel locally and to work nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals from various education, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds
- Thrives in an environment in which collaboration, partnership and empowerment are the key cultural elements
Apply online at: http://ywcachicago.hrmdirect.com/employment/careersphp