At Children’s Home + Aid, we believe that quality early childhood education can build the foundation for a lifetime of learning. Families count on us to help put their children on the path to a better future—and keep them there with early childhood education that reinforces children’s social and emotional growth and stability. We are Gold Circle of Quality and NAEYC Accredited, and many of our classrooms have lower than average teacher to student ratios.
Join our team of passionate educators who are committed to making a difference in the lives of the children and families we serve. As a Teacher for 0-3/3-5 year olds, you will work collaboratively with the Lead Teacher to implement the Head Start Performance Standards for the children and families served in your classroom. Head Start standards ensure a high level of parent engagement and collaboration in all aspects of the program, and support teachers in meeting their students' educational and developmental needs by providing a comprehensive range of social services.
More than just ensuring children are “kindergarten ready”, we strive to develop life-long learners and support parent and caregiver involvement in the education of their children. So if you’re looking for a challenge and interested in being part of an organization that is always innovating, this might be the job for you.
- Assist Lead Teacher to plan and conduct age-appropriate activities.
- Provide input to periodic developmental assessments for children.
- Assist with parent conferences.
- Prepare supplies and environment for activities.
- Help to manage the classroom.
- Provide primary care-giving for children age 0-3 or 3-5.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent credits required.
- Three years experience in a Head Start/Early Head Start funded program preferred.
- Experience with Creative Curriculum and the Teaching Strategies GOLD assessment tool is preferred.
Why Children's Home + Aid?
- We are a respected, statewide social service agency with expertise on the many facets of healthy child and family development, a focus on providing trauma-informed services, and a commitment to innovation and Best Practice.
- Focus on and dedicated resources for your individual development.
- Competitive salary structure and 401(k) program.
- Generous paid leave that exceeds that of most early childhood education centers.
- Gold Circle of Quality and NAEYC Accredited.
- Lower than average teacher to student ratios.
Compensation includes paid time off, as well as medical, dental, vision and life insurance and a 401(k) Employee savings plan. Children’s Home + Aid is an equal opportunity employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
To apply, please select the following link: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CHI1016/JobBoard/4c7676e0-0e8b-2a75-f657-6b1c39ffa981/?t=location&v=03232389-5d52-47bd-bbf0-75124141aff8&q=teacher&o=relevance