At Children’s Home + Aid, we believe that quality early childhood education can build the foundation for a lifetime of learning. Families count on us to help put their children on the path to a better future—and keep them there with early childhood education that reinforces children’s social and emotional growth and stability.
As a Lead Teacher, you will develop and implement individualized learning activities that meet the social, emotional, developmental, and intellectual needs of all children in the classroom. You will assess and document children’s developmental progress, conduct parent/teacher conferences, care for children’s needs, and help maintain NAEYC standards throughout the center. You will have the support of a social services team that understand that kids and families must be supported outside the classroom for your students to be successful and thrive within the classroom.
This position requires energy, a willingness to learn, and a desire to do more than just meet the standards. It’s not only about weekly lesson plans and classroom goals, but embracing the role of our Early Childhood Centers as a community partner. If you’re looking for a challenge and are interested in being part of an organization that is always innovating, this might be the job for you.
- Develop and implement individualized learning activities that meet the social, emotional, developmental, and intellectual needs of children aged 0-3.
- Conduct developmental screenings, weekly child observations and regular assessments.
- Use assessment information for lesson planning.
- Conduct parent-teacher conferences.
- Supervise other classroom teachers.
- Provide primary care-giving for children.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or equivalent is required.
Generous Benefits include:
- Paid time off: employees accrue 12 days of paid leave in their first year increasing to 27 days in the 4th year of employment; plus 10 paid holidays and 10 sick days per year.
- Choice of medical plans plus dental and vision insurance with the agency paying a majority of the premiums plus agency-paid life insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Agency-sponsored professional training as well as individual professional development opportunities.
- Other benefits including an employee assistance program, employee wellness program, discount on home/auto insurance, other voluntary insurance such as short term disability and critical illness insurance and more.
Compensation includes paid time off, as well as medical, dental, vision and life insurance and a 401(k) Employee savings plan. Children’s Home + Aid is an equal opportunity employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
To apply, please select the following link: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CHI1016/JobBoard/4c7676e0-0e8b-2a75-f657-6b1c39ffa981/?t=location&t=location&t=location&v=14bd4885-3423-43d2-94f4-534b3b34088f&v=03232389-5d52-47bd-bbf0-75124141aff8&v=6ceb9386-f16a-4982-88d3-f81f8326c938&q=&o=postedDateDesc