# of Open Positions: 3
Location: Various locations in Wayne County, MI
Salary Grade: 2
Hours per Week: 36
Weeks per Year: 52
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Employment time: Part time
Reporting to: Early Head Start Manager
Recommended Start Date: ASAP
Scope: Provides home-based, comprehensive child development, case management, child/parent relationship support and family support services. Provides reflective coaching to expectant parents and parents of birth to three year old children with the goal of positively impacting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of enrolled children. Promotes positive parent-child interactions and provides services to pregnant women and parents of birth to three year old children that support their role as parents. Plans and facilitates socialization /playgroups for children and families served.
- Conduct weekly home visits with 12 families for a minimum of 1.5 hours per child per family.
- Provide in home child health, educational, nutritional and socio-emotional development information and activities that support children in partnership with parents.
- Use reflective coaching model to facilitate relationships and positive interactions between infants, toddlers and their parents
- Plan and model activities for parent/child interactions which reflect both EHS mandated elements and parental and cultural influences, and which promote the social emotional, physical and cognitive development of Early Head Start children.
- BA/BS degree with a major in Early Childhood Education or Child Development preferred from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood education;or
- BA/BS Human Services related field with 12 credit hours in early childhood/child development from an accredited college or university. Credits in infant/toddler coursework preferred
- Ability and willingness to make home visits.
- Experience working with pregnant women, infants/toddlers and families in home visiting setting preferred.
- Proficiency in a second language preferred but not required.
- Training and experience in: infant/toddler development or early childhood education; principles of prenatal health, child health, safety and nutrition; adult learning principles; family dynamics; and communicating with and motivating adults
If you are interested in this position and you meet the minimum requirements, please visit http://www.waynemetro.org/careers to submit an online application, cover letter and resume.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer.