# of Open Positions: 3
Location: Various locations in Wayne County, MI
Salary Grade: 1
Employment Type: Part -Time
Hours per Week: 30
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Reporting to: Early Head Start Manager
Recommended Start Date: July10, 2017
Scope: To support and assist in the planning and provision of a program of educational activities that promotes the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of infants and toddlers. Assist in developing individual goals for children, providing on-going assessment on progress, and facilitating transition into Head Start or other educational school settings in partnership with parents.
- Assist in planning and carrying out developmentally age-appropriate activities and experiences for infant and toddlers that advance all areas of children’s development (social, emotional, cognitive, and physical) based on the High/Scope Infant/ Toddler Curriculum.
- Assist in planning and implementing daily lesson plans under the supervision of the Site Manager/Teacher.
- Assist individual children in need of special attention and care, including changing diapers, toilet learning, feeding, and other attending to other special needs.
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood; or enrolled in a program leading to an AA or BA degree in Early Childhood or related field with 12 credit hours in Early Childhood completed preferred; or
- Minimum of a current Child Development Associate (CDA) credential
- Minimum of 6 credits in infant/toddler coursework or CDA infant/toddler certification for Early Head Start.
- Experience working with infants/toddlers and families preferred.
- Ability to work with children with disabilities.
If you are interested in this position and you meet the minimum requirements, please visit http://www.waynemetro.org/careers to submit an online application, cover letter and resume.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V