# of Open Positions: 4
Location: Various locations in Wayne County, MI
Salary Grade: 2
Employment Type: Full -Time
Hours per Week: 40
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Reporting to: Early Head Start Manager
Recommended Start Date: July 10, 2017
To plan and provide a program of educational activities that promotes the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of infants and toddlers. Develop individual goals for children, provide on-going assessment on progress, and facilitate transition into Head Start or other educational school settings in partnership with parents.
- Plan and carry out developmentally appropriate activities and experiences for infant and toddlers that advance all areas of children’s development (social, emotional, cognitive, and physical) based on the High/Scope Infant/ Toddler Curriculum and the Head Start Early Learning Framework.
- Create and maintain a safe, healthy, well-managed classroom environment that ensures the physical safety and emotional security of children.
- Work with teaching team and program staff to plan for each child’s progress utilizing developmental screening skill checklist, parent input, support strategies, and observations.
- Conduct and record on-going assessment of children through observations, anecdotal notes, and screenings. Consult with professional specialists and providers to implement recommended strategies, and make necessary accommodations.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of daily lessons that incorporate parent input, the child’s individual goals and progress, results of screenings, as well as goals set forth in an IFSP or IEP.
- Minimum of a BA/BS Degree in Early Childhood from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood education preferred;
- Minimum of 9 credits in infant/toddler coursework
- Proficiency in a second language preferred but not required.
- Experience working with infants/toddlers and families preferred.
- Ability to develop, write, and implement a classroom curriculum that includes individual learning plans, and encourages the academic, social, emotional and physical development of children birth to three years of age.
If you are interested in this position and you meet the minimum requirements, please visit http://www.waynemetro.org/careers to submit an online application, cover letter and resume.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer.