Number of Open Positions: 1
Location: Harper Woods
Salary Grade: 2
Employment Type: Part time
Hours per Week: 40
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Reporting to: Site Manager
Recommended Start Date: August 22, 2017
To plan and implement a program of educational activities for preschool children that encourages age appropriate growth and development in a variety of areas.
· Plan and implement a program of educational activities for preschool age children based on the High/Scope Curriculum.
· Create a clean, safe classroom environment.
· Assess each child’s progress through a developmental screening skill checklist, parent comments, daily on-going assessment of children through anecdotal notes, scoring them and entering them into On Line COR and observation on a regular basis.
· Write and implement daily lesson plans that meet the individual needs of children.
· Plan, implement and update individual learning plans for each child in the classroom.
· Plan and conduct at least two parent/teacher conferences and two home visits per child per program year.
- Must have a minimum of a BA in Child Development or a BA in Early Childhood Education or a BA with coursework equivalent to a major relating to Early Childhood Education and experience teaching preschool age children.
- Great Start Readiness Teachers must have the degree; an equivalent is not a choice for the position.
- Ability to develop and implement classroom curriculum that encourages academic, social, emotional and physical development of children three to five years of age.
- Ability to work with children with disabilities.
If you are interested in this position and you meet the minimum requirements, please visit http://www.waynemetro.org/careers to submit an online application, cover letter and resume.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer.