The School Readiness Coach / Early Childhood Education coordinator will work directly with preschool classroom staff in planning culturally responsive lessons, developing integrated service delivery, and high quality learning environments. Support staff in understanding and collecting data in order to improve kindergarten readiness skills, develop individualized coaching plans that support quality teaching and positive outcomes for children.
1. Coach, support and lead teachers on data-based decision-making that will raise school readiness skills, increase teacher effectiveness, promote research-based practices and share resources.
2. Conduct observations using CLASS Reliability tool.
3. Maintain orderly and accurate documents for program, identify current data collection methods, propose new or modify data collection strategies to monitor and improve school readiness measures. (Child Outcome Reports, CLASS, PFCE. School Readiness goals, screenings, etc.)
4. Assist SMOC teachers and staff in understanding and use of online assessment tool.
5. Support teachers in using the assessment tool to screen, evaluate and monitor children-specific data.
6. Use data to identify teaching and learning needs by analyzing data and implementing solutions with teachers.
7. Provide teachers with feedback and support as they translate data into instructional changes and revised lesson plans.
8. Provide data training and/or attend data meetings as necessary.
9. Perform all job-related responsibilities with sensitivity, respecting confidentiality, integrity, and privacy of the families.
10. Responsible for advocating for School Readiness children and families.
11. Responsible, as a mandated reporter, to report suspected cases of child abuse or neglect.
12. Maintains a professional manner while performing all aspects of the position.
13. Attends staff meetings and trainings as needed and required.
14. Collaborate with the School Readiness Support Coordinator/Program Mentor to align curriculum, School Readiness Goals, Child Development and Early Learning Framework and MN Early Childhood Indicators of Progress to ensure positive childhood educational outcomes.
15. Participate in Head Start recruitment, advocacy, and parent engagement activities as required.
16. Collaborate with the Leadership Team to develop and facilitate Community of Learner staff development opportunities.
17. Assist in classrooms as necessary to maintain proper staffing levels or meet specific needs.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
Experience: Two years of related work experience and Head Start knowledge preferred. Previous supervisory experience.
To apply send resume, letter of application, transcript and a completed SMOC application.
Applications are available at: www.smoc.us
Southwestern Minnesota Opportunity Council, Inc.
1106 3rd Avenue PO Box 787
Worthington, MN 56187
Telephone Number – 507-376-4195 or Toll Free 1-800-658-2444