Job Title: Head Start Teacher
Supervised by: Center Director /Center Supervisor
Job Summary: The Teacher is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating child development experiences for the enrolled children. This position operates a safe, diverse and developmentally appropriate classroom in accordance with all applicable requirements.
- Meet state and federal licensing requirements for Head Start. Must have at least an AA degree in Early Childhood. BA preferred.
- Good communication, record keeping, writing and computer skills.
- Experience working in and knowledge of early childhood development.
- Ability to work with people from various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Interest in working with young children and their families.
- Must have valid drivers license.
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including low cost medical insurance, paid dental/life insurance, sick/annual leave, retirement and education/training opportunities. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Apply online at www.picaheadstart.org or at 700 Humboldt Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55411. AA/EOE