Parents In Community Action, Inc. (PICA) is a private, nonprofit agency designated by the federal government to operate Head Start and Early Head Start programs in Minnesota. PICA serves over 2,600 children and families and offers a variety of programs and services. PICA is currently seeking Head Start Assistant Teachers.
Job Title: Head Start Assistant Teacher
Job Summary: The Head Start Assistant Teacher assists the Teacher in planning, implementing and evaluating child development experiences for the children enrolled in Head Start.
- Meet state and federal licensing requirements for Head Start. CDA/AA/BA preferred.
- Good communication, record keeping, writing and computer skills.
- Experience working in and knowledge of early childhood development.
- Ability to work with people from various ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Interest in working with young children and their families.
Excellent working conditions and benefit package including low cost medical insurance, paid dental/life insurance, sick/annual leave, retirement and education/training opportunities. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Apply online at www.picaheadstart.org or at 700 Humboldt Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55411. AA/EOE